‘Becoming Digitally Conscious’ is a capacity building project supported by erasmus+ program, that aims to fight and address the negative impact that comes with the use of digital tools on everyday life. Through education the project will teach the youth of Europe and Western Balkan area to use technology in a proactive, healthy and conscious way. This project works to create a long-term impact through the educational program and workshops that will be written and implemented by the partner organizations. Our consortium is formed by 6 organizations active in the field of youth empowerment and education.
- L’orma is an organization operating in Milan, Italy which focus is mainly on sport, theater and artistic expres
sion for wellbeing and skills development.
- Bravo is an organization operating in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, very active in youth empowerment by helping them to participate in processes of national development and by including a perspective of youth issues in policy documents.
- NGO Nest Berlin is an umbrella organization operating in Berlin, Germany that creates and deploys a multi-layered set of educational activities for youth and adults, with a focus on strengthening skills and capacities.
- Center for Social Innovation is an organization operating in Nicosia, Cyprus. CSI is a research and development organization composed, in part, by trainers and educators who design and implement initiatives for social change and innovation.
- Mladiinfo Montenegro is an organization operating in Podgorica, Montenegro and has significant experience in youth education.
Considering that virtual reality has become an essential part of young people’s lives (especially during the covid-19 pandemic to study or socialize, which before they did mainly offline), we believe it is important to train them on how to integrate digital devices in a healthy and conscious way. Problems like internet addiction, internet security and productivity in the internet will be the main topics of our work.
The project has a 3 year program that has a few phases that are related in a coherent way that ensures the delivery of the outputs and outcomes. These are: The preparation (Design of the educational program and Training of youth workers); Testing of the program; Implementation and Dissemination.
Currently we have just held the meeting of experts that will create the base of the educational programs. The meeting was held in Tirana and coordinated by our organization.